ASK THE EXPERTS

ABOUT Forming a Family

Recent Answers

Ask a Question

Forum Directory

Q: Making a Baby

Hello, I am wondering if any of you can guide me in the right direction. I am a gay man wanting my own child. I want to find an egg donor while fertilizing the egg with my own sperm. My sister has agreed to carry. I don't know where to start, who to contact, costs, etc. I live in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. Any direction and guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A: Response from Kim Bergman

Hi There--that is so exciting!! I have a great person for you go contact and I'm sure he will be a huge help. His name is Steve Snyder and you can reach him at Steven H. Snyder, Esq. Steven H. Snyder & Assoc., LLC 11270 86th Ave. N. Maple Grove, MN 55369 (763) 420-6700 steve@snyderlawfirm.com He is an attorney in your area who specializes in this area and he is an all around great guy. Wishing you lots of luck on your journey to becoming a daddy!!

Terms of Use

Please remember that this forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not engaged through this forum in rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional. Unfortunately, the experts cannot answer every question they receive or diagnose specific health conditions over the internet.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. None of the collaborating websites at which the experts are carried is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Questions and messages posted to this forum are not statements of advice, opinion, or information of Family Equality Council or any of its collaborating sites. We reserve the right to delete, move, or edit postings if we deem it appropriate under the circumstances. Visitors submitting questions remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.